Thursday, March 12, 2020

Streaming

Welcome back! Today I am going to talk a little bit about where/ how I want my documentary to be distributed. After sitting down and looking at past projects and also talking with my instructor, I quickly realized streaming services such as Netflix or Hulu is the way to go. From personal experience, there are many households, especially teens, that only rely on streaming services for their entertainment. I personally use Netflix and Hulu the most, especially when searching for a new documentary to watch. After reading some quick comparisons between Netflix and Hulu, I decided I want to make “This Is Me” a Netflix original. The only good docuseries I have seen through Hulu are not originals. Overall, Hulu is more of a hassle and not as appealing since it has ads and fewer selection of media. Netflix is PACKED with original docuseries, and even though most of them are about crime or suspense, I think that is what would make mine stand out the most since it would be such a contrast and very different from what Netflix is already producing. 

   I also have to think about this when I’m creating the poster. Mrs. Stoklosa showed me a student sample that had the Netflix logo on it, as all Netflix originals have. I did not have this in mind when deciding on what to do for my poster. Even though it is not a big deal just adding a logo, now I have to make sure that my previous idea with manipulating color might have to change. Having each subject wear different colored clothes and then have the bright red logo in the middle is simply asking for a busy and messy photo. I am going to stick to the outside as the background and then have all my subjects wear white that way the brightness of the white hopefully will take over the red logo. I will also make sure that the title (if I decide to make it any color besides black) matches with the background and the red. I know it seems a bit exaggerated to worry so much about a poster, but that is what will attract most viewers into watching the docuseries because in a streaming service, that is the first thing you see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing