Friday, February 28, 2020

Poster Inspo

Hi! Welcome back! This post is going to be breezy and easy! I am going to talk about/ show some inspiration for the poster! I am getting better at multitasking and time management so while I wait for the days I can actually film, I am focusing on the rest of the tasks. 
      Unlike the “Unexpected” example, where I talked about the actual docuseries was formatted, for the poster I wanted to choose examples that actually relate to the topic I am creating my documentary on. I went to the trusty old Google and looked up some documentary series that showed special needs people in their daily lives. Two that caught my eye were “The Specials” and “Born This Way”.. Even though these shows demonstrate adults as their subjects, the idea is clearly related. They all have different types of posters, but I am going to show you some that I really enjoyed and why I want to take inspiration from them. 
 The first one is “The Specials”:
This poster is simple, which is something I want to achieve in mine: simple and straight to the point. The poster clearly shows the subjects interacting with each other and it seems that the poses captured were natural and candid, which adds to the “real” element of the documentary. The ONLY thing I don’t like about this one is the black shadow outline and the font of the title. To me the font seems to be childish and it also resembles the font of “The Office” which takes away originality since that is the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the font. If I were to take one thing from this poster is the picture they chose. Even though my excerpt is only about Vera, I am still including her friends in the description of the other episodes, so this photo opportunity would be amazing for the poster.  
   These next posters are from “Born This Way”
As you can see, it has all the subjects’ close-up pictures and they are all clearly happy. To me, this seems like a very beautiful poster but too staged. Unlike “The Specials”, this font is a little better. It still seems a bit childish to me but it is overall better. I also don’t like that it is a collage-type poster because it takes away any personality or realness. Overall, this poster showed me what I am trying to avoid. 
The second poster from “Born This Way” is much better. It shows more personality and individuality from each subject rather than a posed picture. I also loved that each one of them is wearing a colorful shirt because it adds some lively elements to the picture. Again, not a big fan of the font, BUT the choice of picture is MUCH better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing