Thursday, February 27, 2020

Slight Change of Plans

  I had an entirely different blog post planned for today regarding more research for different examples of documentary series that actually relate to my documentary, but after our group meeting today (as a class and with our instructor) let’s just say my entire plan changed. After telling the class my plans, they told me what I knew but was avoiding: I want to do too much with not enough time. My idea of showing 2 different subjects and their weekly routines would be rushed through the 5-minute excerpt I have to create. From the beginning, I was planning on mainly focusing on my sister as my main subject, and I still am, but now I sadly have to give up filming most of my other subjects. 
      To clarify, I am still including the other subjects for the website and poster, but only to explain the episodes and their content. For my excerpt, I am focusing on my sister and how she builds independence and responsibility through her routine. One of my main goals still continues to be creating an unbiased view, and I am planning on doing so by telling/ demonstrating what happens when her routine is broken. I don’t believe my parents would want me to show her acting out like it happens when she is frustrated, but I will try my hardest to show any alternate activities to fix the issue and also include it in my interviews. 
     Regarding the structure of my documentary, I think I will be doing an excerpt from an episode, NOT the introduction like I originally wanted to do. My classmates and teacher let me know that creating the introduction would have given me less time to show exactly what I want to. They also recommended to include a voiceover in order to explain everything I wanted to, but voiceovers are the one thing I absolutely want to avoid because like I said in a previous post, I believe that showing b-roll and having the interview audio in the back is more personal and raw than just scripting a voiceover. 
    My plans for this weekend are to plan my questions and if I can get b-roll. This upcoming weekend is an extremely busy one for me, BUT it works perfectly because it gives me time to work on everything else and I can begin to film on Monday.
    I knew my blog was bound to be hectic but I did not know it would be this early on! Trust the process! I am passionate about this topic so I am focusing on making this documentary as real as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing