Saturday, March 7, 2020

Setbacks

Hi! It has come to that point in the project where I am running into problems. This week I was SET on filming b-roll after school and at the dog beach. I had everything planned and was going to use my phone to film so nothing would go wrong with the equipment. During the week, I had a commitment every day after school and I would not make it on time to catch my sister coming home and getting the dogs. I was filled with frustration all week because I had a whole plan. Then at the dog beach it was INSANELY windy. It is only open weekends from 4-8pm so it gets colder and windier at the time. The lighting is always great (I always take pictures) and again, I had everything planned. Once we got there, it was barely enjoyable due to all the wind and it was impossible to get a good shot; the sound was horrible and Vera was also not like she usually is because it was cold and windy. 
    The good thing about this setback is that this week I actually have one new filming opportunity. I also checked the weather for this weekend to try again at the dog beach and it looks promising! It might be cloudy but it should not be as windy. Also, we have to take Linda ( our dog) to get a bath so we decided that one day after school instead of playing with the dogs, Vera will come with us and help us get Linda to PetSupermarket where there is a washing station for dogs. I want to have that footage just in case. Even though that is not a daily occurrence, I want to show what happens when there is a change of plans and how it HAS to include Linda otherwise Vera won’t want to do it. 

     I am also going to have a new opportunity on Friday to get extra footage for the website. There is an event at the City of Weston and Vera and her friends are going. It is the perfect chance to get any “behind the scenes” or “never before seen” footage to add to the website (which is a common thing to have for this type of production). Scheduling interviews has also been difficult since everyone has busy lives, but I am slowly but surely getting there. What matters right now is that this setback I had led me to more filming opportunities in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing