Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Setbacks Continue

Hi! I finally was able to shoot some b-roll for the documentary but of course something had to go wrong. The weather was looking perfect: great light, no sign of rain. A couple minutes before Vera got home from school it started drizzling and everything good disappeared. I decided to still film because like I mentioned on previous blogs I am extremely busy and finding time to film this scenario is limited. When I chose this topic for the documentary I knew my subjects were going to be difficult to work with. First off, Vera gets frustrated when her schedule is messed with or when things don’t go her way. Also let’s not forget she is my sister so I knew working with her was going to mean her stubborn side was really going to show through. My other subjects for the b-roll are dogs. Yes, some are trained and they are great listeners, but when I am trying to film 3 dogs separately and together, AND the way they each interact with Vera, things get frustrating. Before inserting any videos I took today as sneak peaks I have to go through them because I already know I have to cut out a lot of the footage. I know the lighting and coloring will be easy to fix but I am going to try and film again when the weather is truly better, which is also something tricky since I cannot control my setting. 
   Another setback has been brought to me all thanks to the coronavirus. I was going to film at a social/dance that the City of Weston is hosting this friday. Vera and her friends were going and I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get footage for the website, but no, the coronavirus has everyone freaked out and none of them are attending the event anymore. There are still some events, such as a Best Buddies walk, that they might still go to and I can go as well to film, but due to this outbreak, nothing is set yet. I am really frustrated about that because these events were the perfect opportunity to get extra footage for certain features of the website but I will have to keep hoping nothing gets cancelled and more events come up that I can get the footage from. The photoshoot is still happening because that does not bring as big of a risk. Once again scheduling is giving me so many issues but I am figuring it out. At least I am pretty happy with the amount of b-roll I gathered today and I truly think I have plenty to work with. 
  -Talk to you on my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing