Friday, March 20, 2020

Fonts

       If you are not a newbie to my blogs then you know the trouble I went through last year with my magazine regarding fonts. It was such a struggle because my partners and I wanted a very specific font that resembled that of VOGUE magazine. Lucky for me, this year I am looking for a simplistic font that is between a playful and mature look. I talked about fonts a little bit a couple posts ago when I analyzed some posters, but I have been digging around dafont.com for some simple fonts and these are the three that intrigued me the most.
This one is called “Futuristic Fixed”:
What I liked about it is that the font is frankly quite basic but the spacing is what gives it some dimension and it will take up a good amount of space in the poster without being chunky. I want the title to be quite large but not chunky, I hate chunky fonts when the title is more than one word, it looks awkward. 

The second one is called “Monofonto”:
This one is a little bit chunkier, but not extremely bold. The spacing is normal and for some reason when I saw it I thought “modern typewriter”, don’t ask me why but that is the vibe I got from the font. I like that it's bolded but not in an obnoxious way. This might look better than the first one when it is put over the green (grass) of the photos (if it goes as planned). 

The last font is called “Vera MoBd”:
I know what you are thinking-- this is the same font as the second one. This might be me being absolutely insane and a perfectionist about this, but they are not the same. The “e” and “s” are thicker and more elongated, which to me makes the title more aligned and proportional. The difference is extremely small but I did notice a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing