Thursday, March 19, 2020

Production has been put on hold


 Hi! Welcome back to yet another chaotic blog post in which I go on and on about everything that the coronavirus has ruined for us, including my project. The good news is that my instructor, Mrs. Stoklosa has new plans and tips to help us out since it is quite tricky to get critiques when we cannot meet, or well film anything at all. We had an online meeting as a class in which Mrs.Stoklosa presented new updates about COVID-19 and how it would affect the school as a whole and then more specifically our projects. Social distancing and quarantine are highly important right now, but sadly that ruins my project. I spoke with my subjects’ parents and my interviewees and told them to NOT worry and to not go out of their comfort zone to help me because it would just be inhumane to beg them to come film and also do the photoshoot. Everyone is very understanding and we are all waiting it out at least until my spring break is over. We are hoping that by then things will be better (not totally resolved obviously) enough so that they feel good and comfortable about coming to my house to film interviews/ other footage for the website and to do the photoshoot in the park. Like I have mentioned in previous posts, most of my subjects have had surgeries regarding health problems so the last thing I should be is insensitive. As much as I care about my piece and really want to deliver the message I wanted to, I don’t want to put anyone’s life at risk. From now on, my posts will mainly be updates on website design, fonts, and distribution, but I do not know for sure when I will be able to gather the footage I still need. Lucky for me, the footage I needed of Vera coming off the school bus and playing with the dogs is all done. I hope you all understand our struggles (speaking for all A level Media students) and also you can expect great projects because we are such creative students we will all come up with something amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing