Saturday, March 23, 2019

The Price is Right!

Welcome back! Today I don’t have that much new information, however, I already have an idea of the price for my magazine. I will obviously discuss it with my group members once they come back from their trip, but this is not the biggest decision to be made to the cover since a number can be erased and replaced. I did research based on the Cosmopolitan magazine since it is the most similar to ours in terms of their target audience. Most beauty magazines have a target audience of middle to high-class women ages 18-54. We decided to focus mainly on the younger realm of that audience, and so does Cosmo!!! They focus mainly on 18-34 years, so I figured basing it off of this would help out.
I went on to different websites to try and come up with a good price that is the same or similar to Cosmo’s.
This website sells cosmo for $13 a year for print and digital or $12 a year for just print and $12 a year for just digital. I thought this deal was more than a steal because you are paying $1 per issue!! I thought this was too good so I decided to go on to a couple of other websites more specific store websites that do not just focus on magazines. Amazon.com offers a one year supply of Cosmo for $16 or $1.33 per issue. This does seem reasonable since it is close to the one that Hearst offers, but I still decided to go to Barnes and Noble’s website which offered it for $19.99 per year or $1.67 per issue. If you would like to purchase the current issue only, it is $4.99.
My final conclusion is that for our online subscriptions or deliveries, we should stick with the first option I mentioned since, in my opinion, it is the most reliable since it is from Hearst, which is in charge for Cosmopolitan. As for the cover barcode for “in-store” magazines, $4.99 would be reasonable as well, although by looking at google images, some say “4.29” so that is definitely something my group and I have to discuss.
I hope you stick around for my next post!
-Tini

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing