Sunday, March 17, 2019

Updates!!

Hi!! So today’s blog post is going to be all over the place, are you surprised? I have gathered small details that I would want to add to my magazine such as new clothes I’d like to incorporate, new photo inspirations, and even a new location.
If you recall, on one of my previous posts I had posted examples of spring fashion trends for the upcoming 2019 spring season. One trend that I did not touch upon was polka dots, mainly because I am not completely convinced that polka dots are a pretty pattern. But, after doing some digging around in my closet, I found my homecoming dress from last year and let’s just say I got inspired. As you can see (from the pictures below), the dress is a two piece. The skirt portion is the only part that has polka dots, which will make it much easier to style with different colored tops. I mentioned I wanted to have some bigger images in my table of contents that focus on one model, sort of like a story about the model. I figured using that skirt would aid the glamorous aspects of the image, but still contribute to the spring trends.

Homecoming polka dot dress:



Another dress that could also work on highlighting the spring attributes of the magazine, is my long blue dress with a very delicate and dainty floral design. Floral is certainly common around springtime, it is one of those trends that acts as the “face” of the season. This dress, I imagine, can also be used for the fancier photos, or if I am feeling like doing an extra fashion ad, this would also be a great option. Like I mentioned in one of my posts, blue is making an appearance as one of the trendy colors for spring, and if you mix the floral in there, that just screams for a feature in a magazine.


Blue floral dress:



As I was checking my Instagram stories, I stumbled upon a picture someone had posted of JB&C Juice Bar and Cafe in Miami. I instantly fell in love with it because it was decorated with plants and neutral colored furniture. The plants allow for a touch of nature in an indoor space, and the neutral color palette would allow for the colors of the clothes to speak for themselves since there would be no distractions in the background. Another great aspect of this Cafe is that if I decide to go take pictures in the Miami Botanical Garden, which I probably will, I can shoot in both locations in just one day since they are both in Miami! My biggest concern was having to drive to various places that aren’t necessarily close to my house, but I will definitely take advantage of the locations I found in Miami.

JB&C Juice Bar and Cafe:

As for this upcoming week, this is what I have planned:
-Write my story for my 2-page spread
-Have my table of contents done (minus some pictures)
-Already have the pictures of the products done by the end of the week.
-Shoot the close-ups of the makeup this weekend.
-Start preparing an outline for my CCR.
For anything that involves pictures, I will just leave those spaces blank and then edit the pictures in whenever I have them done. Yesterday, I was helping my friend with his film opening, and my friend’s sister was there helping with the makeup. I proceeded to ask her if she would help me and she agreed. The benefit of this is that I won’t take ages doing various makeup looks myself, and I would just have her to do some of the girls' makeup as I take some pictures. I definitely plan to give her credit since she does have a makeup account on Instagram which is @parra_beauty.
Hopefully, throughout the week you will get to read about my progress and not me struggling even more!

-Tini

1 comment:

  1. Queen of aesthetic!!! in love with this and you <3 -j

    ReplyDelete

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing