Thursday, March 14, 2019

More Group Meetings!

Today we had another successful group meeting and I am relieved about some of the opinions my group had today. If you haven’t read my post about the previous group meeting, I’ll tell you the most important thing: my teacher assigns groups composed of people from different groups, so we are not with our own group members. That way we share skills, tips, and opinions with people who will have an outside perspective on our project. Last time I was the only one working on a magazine but today another one of my group members was working on a magazine as well, which was helpful when we talked about editing pictures, and our spreads. To begin the meeting, we decided to make a Google doc in which we each linked our blog and wrote down notes and advise under the member’s name. As I explained my progress, I voiced how my group and I were struggling on still finalizing a name and also how I am having some issues finding shooting locations for my pictures. The members loved the name Malena and Catalina (my project group members) came up with: “The Fit”. As soon as I said the name, my group for today was very ecstatic and they told me how they like that it is trendy but also simple and abrupt. I agreed with them, but I told them how my only concern is that our target audience includes 18-54-year-old women and only the younger ages within that range use “fit” instead of an outfit. My group followed to tell me that maybe that should be our challenge for our genre. I was quite confused at first because I didn’t understand what the challenge was. The explanation was straightforward: focusing on a younger audience. I am not going to lie, I was extremely skeptical of this at first because the age is part of the T.A. but then again, I do not have to create a completely new age demographic, I can just concentrate on attracting certain part of that range. I did text Malena and Catalina to tell them everything I just explained and they agreed on “The Fit” being the title and also at least considering the age challenge regarding the genre.
Once I that issue was addressed, the locations came next. The group members asked me what backgrounds I was thinking for my pictures and I constantly told them-nature, nature, flowers, FLOWERS! Matthew did suggest “Sweetfield Farm” which has sunflowers and tall grass but when I searched up the address there was a slight issue… it is 4 hours away. So the next step for me is to research locations NOT 4 HOURS AWAY that I can take the pictures. I am planning on taking all the pictures during my spring break because that is when all my friends can help me by being my models! For the ads, however, I am going to ask my interior design teacher if Malena, Catalina and I can use the lightbox we have in our studio. I decided to not buy my own because the one we have in the studio is more professional than anything I would’ve considered buying. Hopefully, she says yes, but I am not too worried about it going wrong because we wouldn’t ask to take the lightbox home, just to stay after school to take the pictures. Matthew also recommended “Light Box CC” as editing software. Even though it is expensive, they have a month free trial which I will definitely take full advantage of.
Before I leave, I want to share some inspirations for the vibe of the background I am looking for.
These pictures were taken last year in my neighborhood. I do not want a fence and a sidewalk in the background (duh) but I do want bright green grass and tall bushes and trees. This is also a good example as to how the colors blue and green both stand out because they counteract each other.

Credit to Manuela Gonzales (mgfilms) for taking these pictures!!


These photos were taken in January 2019 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Malena and Catalina are extremely lucky since they will be going there during spring break, and I have told them about this specific place, Rosedal de Palermo so they can take the opportunity. I am really upset I won’t be able to be there because this place is filled with beautiful flowers and amazing backgrounds.


This is the point in which I leave, but don’t worry I will be back with hopefully some locations!

-Tini

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing