Thursday, February 28, 2019

Successful Group Meetings


I am going to try to briefly explain group meetings without boring you. Our teacher separated the groups (for the actual portfolio) and then put each member in a group with people who are working on both magazines or film opening. In the beginning, I was very hesitant with the group only because I was the only one in the group doing a magazine. But as the meeting continued I realized how it was probably better because the other group members could give me constructive criticism and opinions as the consumer standpoint, not so much the creator. Don’t get me wrong, I was left wondering what they would have said if they were also working on a magazine, but I figured out that it was a great opportunity to hear what people would think of the layout and stories I had in mind for my 2-page spread. A factor that wasn’t extremely reliable was that the students in my group were not part of my target audience (18-54 yr old middle-high class women). The 2 other girls in the group were helpful about the story of the 2-page spread to see what would at least appeal women, being that they are within the spectrum of my T.A.(not age wise, but gender). I was very satisfied that I had help with at least the story. 
Regarding the issue, all the group members agreed that I should do it based on spring. Mostly because spring is already here, therefore, spring trends are naturally coming back, but also because I mentioned how I wanted to challenge myself by using more colors since I tend to lean towards the same color schemes so they said making a spring issue should be ideal for the challenge. Spring issues also include many pictures that include plants as the background feature, which I also showed interest during the meeting. Pearse, one of the members, recommended that I buy an Adobe Program pack with a student discount that would total $20 per month. However, I don’t think that I will be using that because I don’t need all Adobe Programs and I rather use Canva for free than InDesign for $20 a month. Also, the project that our teacher, Mrs. Stoklosa, showed us that I personally adored, they used Canva. 
In regard to the group meetings and how helpful they were, I think we should do this more often! It helps catch mistakes that I couldn’t catch before and it also gives an audience perspective on the project. Which again, I believe is just as equally important as the creator perspective. 
Talk to you soon,
Tini 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CCR

Here is the link to my CCR: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15NyyG2aIaM_q3er-Vfu64TFto-mgsXd_/view?usp=sharing